Supervisor, Advanced Practice Professionals (APP) – Malignant Hematology Department
Moffitt Cancer Center
Tampa, FL, USA
December 31, 2020
Non-Profit Research Institute
December 31, 2020-February 1, 2021
Supervisor, Advanced Practice Professionals (APP) – Malignant Hematology Department.
Based in the Malignant Hematology Department the APP Supervisor manages the Malignant Hematology APP practice, including individual physician assistants and nurse practitioners.
In addition, this position serves as an APP, practicing medicine within the scope of authority and privileges granted by Moffitt Cancer Center (MCC). This position provides patient care under the auspices of Moffitt Medical Group, and serves as a member of the academic medical enterprise; advancing the institutional mission of contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer.
-This position oversees Advanced Practice Professional (APP) recruitment, performance, orientation, training, call coverage, time-off requests, and allocation for physician(s).
- Assists Physicians with the evaluation, management and treatment of a wide spectrum of patients with different medical problems, procedures and co-morbidities.
- Works within a defined scope of practice and under the authority of supervising physician(s) or by specific protocol(s).
The Ideal Candidate:
- Clinical professional who demonstrates a passion for our mission, and who takes pride in delivering world class service and patient care in a collaborative, learning environment.
- Demonstrating a lead-by-example approach, the successful candidate will be a superior communicator, an engaged team member, and a knowledgeable, patient focused provider.
- Provides patient care as a member of an interdisciplinary team, working with many specialists to coordinate and optimize patient care.
- Correlates subjective and objective data to formulate a differential or working diagnosis.
- Formulates treatment plans for medical conditions within scope of practice.
- May perform minor surgical procedures within scope of practice.
- Prescribes oral and IV medications when appropriate, within the scope of practice.
- Documents patient care in accordance with medical staff rules.
*Note: in addition, this position has dedicated administrative and supervisory duties and responsibilities, and clinical admin time for clinic prep, charting, patient follow-up, etc.
This position oversees Advanced Practice Professional (APP) recruitment, performance, orientation, training, call coverage, time-off requests, and allocation for physician(s). Annual evaluations, utilization of APPs, HR related issues.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Active BLS and ACLS.
- Minimum two (2) years' experience as an oncology APP provider (PA-C or APRN) required.
- Minimum one (1) years’ experience in specialty required.
- Compliant with the use of EHR systems and knowledge of the APP scope of practice guidelines as well as the medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, such as leading projects and serving on committees.
-Licensure, certification, registration as an NP or PA and able to practice in the State of Florida.
-Supervisory experience preferred.
About the Employer
The Moffitt Cancer Center is comprised of a large ambulatory care facility, a 206-bed hospital, with 36-bed blood and marrow transplant program, 20 state of the art operating suites, a 30-bed intensive care unit, a high volume screening program, and a basic science research facility. The Moffitt Research Institute is comprised of approximately 160 Principal Investigators, 58 laboratories, and 306,000 square feet of research space. For translational research, Moffitt’s enterprise-wide data warehouse, the Health and Research Informatics (HRI) platform, offers endless opportunities to link quantitative imaging, clinical, and molecular data. HRI houses information on more than 500,000 unique patients, including treatment information available from the electronic health records and Cancer Registry on more than 200,000 cancer patients, patient-reported data on 150,000 patients, and vast amounts of research and clinical-grade sequencing and expression data on more than 20,000 patients.
How to Apply
12902 Magnolia Dr
Tampa , FL 33612 USA
back to top