Athena Medical Group
Sunrise, FL, USA
January 10, 2020
Private Office/Group Practice
January 10-February 10, 2020
Long-established private practice in Sunrise, Florida is looking for a BE/BC hematologist/oncologist to join our busy practice. We welcome physicians with special interests in the management of oncologic issues such as but not limited to: breast cancer, colon cancer, lung and esophageal cancer, leukemia and lymphoma, prostate cancer and gynecologic cancer. Position is available immediately, competitive compensation available. Contact Lynn Klein 954-361-2637.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
• Physician will have a focus in the treatment of malignant cancers, to include research protocols, leading to peer-reviewed publications and funded clinical trials.
• Physician will be responsible for the development of novel clinical and translational protocols for treatment of patients with malignancies.
• Develops and carries out a comprehensive medical treatment plan addressing biological, psychological, and sociocultural domains.
• Performs physical assessment of patients in a logical and respectful manner.
• Prescribes medical treatment and clinical drugs to patients.
• Gathers essential and accurate information through the review of pertinent records and interviews with the patient, family members, caregivers, and other health professionals.
• Reports to the responsible physician and complies with policy co-sig.
• Reports hazardous or unsafe conditions, equipment malfunction, and supply instrumentation inadequacies to appropriate personnel.
• Reports all Quality Assurance (QA) incidences, including mediation errors, to responsible physician using department guidelines.
• Assumes responsibility for increasing knowledge and expertise by attending continuing educational offerings.
• Makes informed decisions about interventions based on patient information and preference, up-to-date scientific evidence in the field, and clinical judgment.
• Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal and state guidelines and regulations.
• Other duties as assigned.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
• Graduation from an Accredited Medical School with Degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
• Board Eligible or Board Certified in hematology and oncology
• Florida Medical License
• Ability to develop a practice as a general hematologist and oncologist
• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus
About the Employer
Athena Medical Group
831 Coral Ridge Drive
Coral Springs, FL 33071 USA
back to top