Sr Director, Portfolio Differentiation Strategies
Waltham, MA, USA
MD, PhD, PhD and/or MD, DO, Other
November 22, 2019
Corporate (Biotech or Pharmaceutical)
November 22, 2019-January 22, 2020
- Develop and execute strategies and tactics to drive clinical differentiation and insure successful fit to clinic at time of commercial launch, for assigned compounds.
- Integrate an understanding of the evolving role of molecular genetics and personalized medicine to inform and develop new models supporting differentiation for both the initial indication for the compound and other indications to follow.
- Update management on the progress of projects and findings that could impact strategy.
- Leverage his/her understanding of molecular pathways and their relevance in specific disease areas and an in-depth knowledge/awareness of competitive activity and market dynamics of the hematology/oncology marketplace.
- Maintain a strong external focus and engage medical experts.
- Integrate anticipated changes in Policy/Payer/Clinic models, to inform TPP development, and optimal labeling.
- Integrate strategies for compounds that support an overall approach to building a successful Precision Oncology Business model.
- Develop and leverage strong cross-functional collaborations with Global Marketing, Business analytics/market research, Medical Communications, Oncology Scientific Operations, Clinical Development/Medical Affairs, Managed Markets, Global Oncology Development, Regulatory, and Legal.
- Development of communication tools for MSLs and key medical meetings to support pipeline compounds.
- MD or PhD is required.
- A high level of fluency with key concepts in drug development, regulatory policy, reimbursement and payer policy, as well as clinical molecular diagnostics is required.
- Background should include strategy, development and/or management of compounds with molecular targets.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, communication and analytical/strategic thinking abilities.
- Ability to travel roughly 25% of the time.
- 5+ years' of pharmaceutical industry experience required.
- 3+ years' of commercial oncology experience is preferred.
- 3+ years' of experience across a broad range of roles including medical or medical science liaison, new products planning, product management, market access, and sales required.
About the Employer
GSK Oncology has a strong commitment to the discovery and development of new innovative therapies for patients suffering from hematological malignancies or solid tumors, specifically in four cutting-edge areas of research: Cancer Epigenetics, Immuno-Oncology, Cell & Gene Therapies, and Synthetic Lethality.
1000 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02451 USA
back to top