Hem/Onc Medical Directors for Belantamab Mafodotin (Antibody Drug Conjugate)
Oncology Clinical Development
Boston/Cambridge area; or Philadelphia, PA area , MA, USA
Faculty, Patient Care, Academic/Administrative, Other, Research
November 22, 2019
Corporate Research Institute, Other, Corporate (Biotech or Pharmaceutical)
February 25-April 26, 2020
Explosive growth within GSK's Oncology Clinical Development org = many opportunities available for those with clinical research experience from Academia as well as experienced pharma research physicians at various stages in their careers. Specialize in Immuno-Oncology, Synthetic Lethality, Cancer Epigenetics, or Cell/Gene Therapies. Positions available in the Boston and Philadelphia areas.
Within the Immuno-Oncology (I-O) strategic research area of GSK Oncology, the (Sr) Medical Directors for Belantamab Mafodotin are accountable for the clinical development of one the leading Oncology assets in Immuno-Oncology today: the anti-BCMA antibody drug conjugate (ADC), GSK2857916. The candidate will be responsible for leading clinical study team consisting of clinical scientists and other function representatives, strategizing development plan, executing clinical trial(s) in multiple myeloma and related diseases, and managing the development study resources and timeline. This role requires a cross-matrix leader to contribute to an integrated strategy across different indications for GSK’916, and to combination strategies with various internal and external assets.
Clinical Development at GSK is responsible for the development of the oncology portfolio from First Time In Human (FTIH) clinical trials to Proof-of-Concept studies, and pivotal registration trials. As GSK’916 is completing early phase development and transitioning into pivotal trial stage, this is an exciting opportunity to be instrumental in the success of this asset and to provide benefit to cancer patients. Candidate will be accountable for the design of clinical trials, and for medical governance for clinical studies; development of high quality clinical plans and data analysis strategies that encompass appropriate imaging, biomarkers, surrogate endpoints, and enabling technologies.
- MD with sub-specialty in Oncology and clinical development/research experience is required.
- 5+ years’ relevant medical/clinical experience.
- Good understanding of drug development.
- Clinical and/or drug development experience with multiple myeloma is a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully developing and executing Clinical Development Plans.
- Proven ability to strategize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously to ensure quality, timely, on-target and within budget execution.
- Ability to embed medical functional skills and strategic thinking into team.
- Ability to discriminate between critical and non-critical activities and to follow established processes while identifying areas for process improvement.
About the Employer
GSK Oncology has a strong commitment to the discovery and development of new innovative therapies for patients suffering from hematological malignancies or solid tumors, specifically in four cutting-edge areas of research: Cancer Epigenetics, Immuno-Oncology, Cell & Gene Therapies, and Synthetic Lethality.
How to Apply
To learn more, call/text me at 609-870-4541 or email me at Robert.J.Mancuso@gsk.com. I look forward to speaking with you!
Physician Recruiter - Oncology Clinical Development & Medical Affairs
GSK Human Resources
1250 South Collegeville Road
Collegeville, PA 19426 USA
back to top