Founding Section Chief, Hematology and Hematologic Malignancy
Charleston Area Medical Center & CAMC Institute for Academic Medicine
Charleston, WV, USA
$300,000 or above
February 9, 2024
February 8-May 15, 2024
Charleston Area Medical Center and the CAMC Institute for Academic Medicine is seeking an exceptional individual to serve as the founding Section Chief of Hematology and Hematologic Malignancy. In collaboration with the Hematology/Oncology leadership, Internal Medicine Department Chair and Hematology/Oncology faculty, the Section Chief will develop the vision and operational strategy for the section. This includes both clinical care delivery and academic advancement. The Section Chief will be the Associate Program Director for the Hematology-Oncology fellowship program, which is approved to start in July 2024.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced hematologist with a strong interest in education and research and demonstrated leadership skills. The individual will be a “builder” and will display both operational and strategic expertise to develop an implementable plan for the future of the section. The leader will serve as a content expert as the organization advances a CAR T-cell program.
The Section Chief will identify and promote synergies within the Department of Medicine, other oncological practices of Vandalia South, and be a resource for the entire 17 hospital Vandalia Health System. The ideal candidate is a relationship-builder, with demonstrated clinical and academic skills.
Key Goals and responsibilities of the new Section Chief, Hematology and Hematologic Malignancy:
· Collaborate with faculty and leadership to create a clear vision for the Section that inspires faculty engagement, supports growth and innovation in patient care, and elevates the stature of the Section regionally and nationally.
· Enhance the Section’s research activity, with support of the Cancer Center faculty and the CAMC Institute for Academic Medicine.
· Provide leadership for the fellowship program in hematology/oncology and support retention of trainees as future faculty.
· Develop and support the hematology educational program for students, residents, and fellows. Provide mentorship for learners and faculty.
· Recruit diverse, qualified faculty, providing necessary leadership support and faculty development.
· Collaborate with academic partners, physician leaders, and administrators to support the implementation of clinical programs and quality initiatives.
· Drive the implementation of strategic and annual operating plans that ensure people, systems, and processes are coordinated, integrated, and aligned.
· Promote an environment of accountability and continuous improvement.
· Display impeccable values, ethical standards, and high emotional intelligence.
Experiences and Professional Qualifications:
· Medical Degree from a qualified institution
· Board certified in hematology
· Eligible for licensure and clinical practice in the state of West Virginia
· At least 3 years of practicing hematology in an academic environment
Charleston Area Medical Center was established in 1972 and is a nonprofit, 1,103-bed regional referral center made up of six hospitals: CAMC General Hospital, CAMC Greenbrier Valley Medical Center, CAMC Memorial Hospital, CAMC Plateau Medical Center, CAMC Teays Valley Hospital and CAMC Women and Children’s Hospital, as well as the CAMC Institute for Academic Medicine and the CAMC Foundation. Nearly 900 physicians have admitting privileges at CAMC, which is also West Virginia's premiere medical teaching facility, hosting, on any given day, more than 800 students in programs leading to degrees or certifications in health professions.
Nestled along the scenic banks of the Kanawha River, Charleston, WV, beckons you to experience the perfect blend of natural beauty, rich history, and affordability. Escape the hustle and bustle and find your home in this picturesque city where stunning landscapes meet welcoming communities. Explore the heart of the city with its historic architecture, vibrant arts scene, and an array of dining options. From the iconic State Capitol building to the charming shops of Capitol Street, Charleston exudes a timeless elegance that captivates residents and visitors alike. Come and experience the enchantment of a city that combines affordability with charm, and the warmth of the community that matches the glow of our sunsets in a city that feels like home from the moment you arrive.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a copy of their curriculum vitae and three references along with a supplemental narrative statement to address their qualifications (2‐3 pages) by March 31, 2024 to email@example.com
511 Brooks Street
Charleston, WV 25301 USA
back to top