Senior Director, Oncology Translational Research, Multiple Myeloma & Myeloid Malignancies
Johnson & Johnson
Spring House, PA, USA
PhD and/or MD, DO, Other
November 14, 2023
Corporate (Biotech or Pharmaceutical)
November 14-December 23, 2023
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Director-Oncology Translational Research - Multiple Myeloma and Myeloid Malignancies, located in Spring House, PA; Boston, MA; Raritan, NJ; or Brisbane, CA. Remote may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The Senior Scientific Director will serve within the Oncology Translational Research. The Oncology Translational Research group is responsible for all clinical biomarker and translational medicine strategies for compounds in development within the Oncology pipelines. In addition, the Translational Research group also covers disease biology for the indications of interest for the Oncology TA. The Senior Scientific Director will also be responsible for:
· Oversees and manages the translational strategy and implementation to support early and late development hematological malignancies programs in Oncology.
· Ensures the planning and execution of discovery and validation of predictive, prognostic, safety, and disease biomarkers
· Oversees the management of a Translational Research budget to support biomarker discovery and validation studies as well as supporting analysis of clinical samples
· Establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with internal functional groups (e.g. Discovery, Clinical, CDTs), external academic research groups and CROS to facilitate the implementation of Translational Research strategies in Clinical trials.
· Leading collaborations and projects with external leaders in the hematological malignancies field
· Manages a team of staff including TR leaders a laboratory technicians
· Regular reporting of biomarker data to Oncology senior management.
· Responsibility for the biomarker sections in Clinical protocols, Investigator Brochures, Compound Development Plans generation of Clinical Study Report
· Managing the outstanding or in-house coordination of proposed analysis within clinical trials.
· Oversee data quality and ensure compliance and meeting projected timelines for project deliverables (e.g. protocol outlines, protocols, informed consent, strategy documents, analysis reports, etc.)
· Responsibility for resource planning for proposed projects.
Required Minimum Education:
· Ph.D. or an M.D./Ph.D. in Immunology, Molecular Biology, or related field with at least 8 years of applicable biomarker, translational research, program management, clinical trial and/or research experience is required
Required Years of Related Experience:
Strong background in tumor biology, project management, and laboratory management is required
· Pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry research experience is required
· Previous hematological malignancies (Multiple Myeloma is preferable) experience is required
· Clinical biomarker experience is required
· Previous supervisory/management experience is required
· The candidate will have a strong publication record demonstrating relevant experience in clinical trials, translational medicine/research, early drug development, drug discovery and/or biomarkers
· Sufficient experience in drug discovery and/or early and late development to represent a diverse TR group on a compound development team (CDT) and to communicate goals and deliverables to senior management and governance committees throughout J&J
About the Employer
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
1400 McKean Road
Spring House, PA 19477 USA
back to top