Novant Health Cancer Institute is seeking a board eligible/board certified hematology physician to join a non-malignant hematology clinic in Winston-Salem, NC. We are an Integrated Network Cancer Program, affiliated with the malignant hematology program. Our team is growing and recruiting an additional physician as we see a large population of patients with non-malignant blood disorders. There is also a significant referral base from primary care physicians and other specialists within the Novant Health network.
The ideal candidate will have interests or experience in the care and management of patients with hemophilia, sickle cell disease and other bleeding disorders. New graduates or experienced candidates will be considered. This is a clinical position with opportunities for clinical research if desired.
Our program is growing and currently has one physician provider and one advanced practice provider (APP). There is excellent support from the pathology department, blood bank, radiology, intensive care and other specialist services. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to help expand and develop our benign hematology program.
Novant Health has seen tremendous growth over the past 5 years especially in the Cancer Institute and our footprint has spread across the state guaranteeing continued growth. We value clinical research and significant investment has been made to expand services including benign and malignant hematology, stem cell transplant, cellular therapy and integrative medicine for patient-centered care.
Winston-Salem is rated one of the best places to live in North Carolina. Charming cobblestone streets at our historic attractions and museums host more than 100 restaurants in the walkable downtown. From upscale New American cuisine, Soul Food to Lexington style BBQ, there is something for everyone. Downtown Winston-Salem is home to 10 craft breweries and our neighboring Yadkin Valley has 47 wineries to visit. Shopping is a cultural experience in Winston-Salem and includes treasure hunting in the Arts District, historic West End, and Reynolda Village. One can wind through a multitude of antique shops and upscale consignment shops. This college town of 8 universities and colleges is a vibrant academic community, that also boasts a performing arts conservatory. The Downtown Innovation Quarter is a 330-acre technology district focused on research, business, biomedical science, information technology, and advanced materials. This co-localization allows for researchers and scientists to work alongside entrepreneurs for the goal of innovation. Great hiking and outdoor activities at State Parks are minutes away, with easy access to the NC coast, Blue Ridge mountains and an international airport.
Novant Health offers:
- 2 year salary guarantee
- NH Medical Group employed
- Medical and Retirement Benefits
- Relocation Allowance
- CME Allowance
- System wide EHR-Epic
- Work-Life balance
Novant Health Medical Group
- Is one of the largest medical groups in the nation
- Offers resiliency training for physicians and team members to prevent burnout
- Is nationally recognized for advanced care and one of the largest community based, non-profit healthcare systems
- Is well known for being physician-led and physician-driven. For example, our physicians are in every area of leadership across the organization. That means every strategic discussion has physicians at the table, and every market partners a physician leader with an administrator. The result is a focus on the details that are important to physicians.
What does it mean to be a part of Novant Health?
- A commitment to patient centered care and our model of spending more time with each patient, and creating a seamless system of care for our patients are the foundations of our success
- Sharing a philosophy of putting high value on the patient experience
- Novant Health is an integrated network of physician clinics, outpatient facilities and hospitals that delivers a seamless and convenient healthcare experience to communities in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.
- The Novant Health network consists of more than 1,800 physicians and over 35,000 employees who provide care at nearly 800 locations, including 15 hospitals and hundreds of outpatient facilities and physician clinics.
In 2022, Novant Health was included on Forbes’ Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers and America’s Best-in-State Employers list. The Disability Equality Index also named Novant Health on its Best Places to Work list.
In 2021, Novant Health reported $1.1 billion in total community benefit, including $192.7 million in financial assistance to members of the communities we serve.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
Join us, and let’s transform healthcare together.
If you are interested in learning more, please send your CV to Sara Beth Caldwell, Physician Recruiter, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.