Sickle Cell Anemia Medical Director Position in Charleston, SC
Medical University of South Carolina
Charleston, SC, USA
$300,000 or above
Faculty, Patient Care, Academic/Administrative
July 27, 2023
Medical School, Hospital/Clinical Facility
January 1-July 31, 2024
The Division of Hematology & Oncology at the Medical University of South Carolina is actively recruiting a leader to direct the Sickle Cell Anemia program for the MUSC/State of South Carolina. We are seeking a clinical faculty member with a focus and special interest in the treatment of and research related to Sickle Cell Disease. Preference for a qualified candidate suited to join the department as an Associate Professor or Professor of Medicine based on candidate qualifications and approval by the College of Medicine Appointment Committee as well as the MUSC Board of Trustees.
- Candidates must be Board Certified in Hematology
- Candidates must be eligible for SC licensure
- A record of scholarship commensurate with appointment as an Associate Professor or Professor within the School of Medicine
- Approaching 5 years or more of Sickle-Cell program expertise/leadership
- History of collaboration and teamwork within and across departments and programs
- Track-record of institutional and community service
- Outstanding communication skills
- Demonstrated career progression in preparation for a position of this scope, complexity, and scale
- Experience with developing or administering budgets
- Prior experience in directing and supporting research and educational programs
- Willingness to engage in philanthropic activities
- Demonstrated evidence of continuing professional self-development
About our opportunity:
- Leading a clinical and research driven position for South Carolina - $2 million/year in State funding
- Impact across South Carolina and beyond – this highly visible position will be elevating patient care across a broad region
- Role will be split between administrative, clinical and research time
- Opportunity to participate in teaching assignments and supervise/mentor trainees at all levels
- State support includes: state program manager, community liaison, behavioral health PhD, social workers and pharmacists
- Clinical Support staff includes: nurses, APPs, clinical manager, clinic coordinator, in collaboration with wellness and mindfulness training
We will provide:
- Competitive salary
- Administrative support
- Research stipend
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent benefits package, including pension options and up to $48,000 of optional tax deferred contributions
- Sovereign Immunity malpractice coverage
- 22 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, and 13 paid holidays
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligibility
- CME Allowance + time off
MUSC’s Division of Hematology & Oncology operates within the Hollings Cancer Center, the largest academic cancer center in South Carolina, and the state’s only NCI designated Cancer Center. The Division of Hematology & Oncology builds upon a long history of excellence in the comprehensive care of patients with hematological and solid tumor malignancies and benign hematology.
Learn more about Hollings Cancer Center here: https://hollingscancercenter.musc.edu/
MUSC Hematology & Oncology faculty members are leaders in the fields of cancer and blood disorders. The Division serves as a statewide referral center for solid tumor oncology, malignant and benign hematology, and bone marrow transplant. In the latest rankings by U.S. News & World Report, MUSC Health’s Hematology/Oncology program was named one of the country’s top programs for the treatment of cancer.
Charleston, SC, is frequently named one of the best places in America to live, and it’s easy to see why. This charming coastal city offers residents a unique mix of history, culture, arts, innovation, and natural beauty. In Charleston, you can explore miles of pristine beaches and waterways in the morning, and wind your way along shaded cobblestone streets, exploring centuries-old historic homes in the afternoon. At night, visit one of Charleston’s many award-winning restaurants to enjoy traditional Lowcountry cuisine prepared by world-class chefs.
We invite you to join the team committed to “changing what’s possible” and to do so in one of the most exciting cities in the country. Send us your CV accompanied by your letter of interest for immediate consideration. Your life in Charleston awaits!
Recruitment Contact: Monea Akinjobi
MUSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks diversity in its faculty, staff, and students.
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this opportunity.
171 Ashley Ave
Charleston, SC 29425 USA
back to top