Hem/Onc Division Chief
Hematology and Medical Oncology
Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
$300,000 or above
May 23, 2023
May 23-July 23, 2023
Geisinger's Cancer Institute is seeking a board certified Hematologist/Medical Oncologist to lead their growing northeast Pennsylvania region at Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center in Wilkes-Barre, PA and Geisinger Community Medical Center in Scranton, PA.
The Hem/Onc Division Chief establishes and leads execution of a strategic plan for the provision of department services across the organization, fostering a spirit of innovation in care delivery, maximizing the use of technology where possible to improve quality and enhance efficiency. The Chief will direct providers, faculty, residents and other clinicians, to optimize the care of patients, support research endeavors, and provide effective and meaningful educational programs across the department.
Geisinger has an exciting intellectual environment including the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, more than 50 graduate medical education programs and hematology/oncology as well as palliative medicine fellowship programs. The health system has been awarded NCI-NCORP designation and is committed to cancer clinical trial participation. The medical school is a leader in innovative education, with a curriculum emphasizing active learning, longitudinal clinical experiences, and community engagement.
Our providers work with fellows and residents to train the next generation of hematology and oncology physicians while also having the opportunity to get involved in Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, a leading education program with a curriculum emphasizing active learning, longitudinal clinical experience, and community engagement.
Our patients contribute to the MyCode Community Health Initiative with >275,000 patient genomes sequenced for research and real-time clinical applications. Providers interested in clinical or informatics research collaborate within Geisinger and across organizations to benefit our patients and the scientific community
Location: Living in central PA offers convenient community living, a balanced professional career, and proximity to New York City, Harrisburg and Philadelphia.
- Provides leadership, planning, organization, staffing, coordination and evaluation for organizations activities.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the capital and operating budgets of the department.
- Work collaboratively with the clinical, administrative and finance leaders to establish appropriate budgets for staffing and delivering all components of the clinical, research and education programs within the department.
- Act as liaison with hospital administration and other hospital platforms to promote innovative care, teaching, and research in clinical departments.
- Supervise and evaluate all institute physicians in clinical and assigned administrative duties.
- Responsible for all quality improvement efforts in the department.
- Directs and oversees the clinical, operational and financial management of the department.
- May oversee one or more residency or fellowship programs.
- Responsible for all organizational and accrediting and regulatory agency standards, policies and procedures.
We are proud of the support and opportunities we provide:
- Highly competitive, straight salary model linked to quality and value versus productivity measures
- Relocation assistance
- Recruitment loan/sign-on bonus
- Medical school loan reimbursement
- Geography stipend available at select locations
- CME reimbursement and up to 15 days off/calendar year
- Comprehensive benefits package, including malpractice, tail coverage & retirement
- Generous paid time off
- Opportunity for career growth and for faculty position in Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
- Ability to enroll patient on clinical trials
- Become part of a physician-led organization that supports work/life balance
- Chance to care for patients in the comfort of their communities
- Fully integrated electronic health record (EPIC)
About the Employer
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
- KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
- EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
- LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
- INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
- SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Please use the link below to apply and upload your CV. Geisinger's Cancer Institute Recruiter, Jenna Spatafore, will reach out to you directly to coordinate a phone screen.
100 N. Academy Ave
Danville, PA 17822 USA
back to top