Medical Director of Bone Marrow Transplant
Syracuse, NY, USA
MD, DO, Board Eligible, Board Certified
$300,000 or above
Faculty, Patient Care, Academic/Administrative
February 7, 2023
February 7-May 8, 2023
The State University of New York, Upstate Medical University (SUNY Upstate) seeks a Director of Bone Marrow Transplant and Cellular Therapies to focus on clinical care of patients (inpatient, consult service, and outpatient clinic) and research related to stem cell transplantation, hematologic malignancy, and/or related graft versus host disease. The incoming director will also lead the program in hematological malignancies for the Division of Hematology-Oncology and report to the Division Chief of Hematology-Oncology. Candidate must possess an MD or equivalent degree, be board-certified in Hematology, and be eligible for licensure in New York.
Opportunity Highlights - Academic Leadership Opportunity
- Build and grow the Hematological Malignancies Program at a top-tier cancer center as a leader
- SUNY is ranked in the top 20% of leading cancer centers in the nation
- The American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer ranks the upstate cancer center in the top 20 percent of cancer care programs nationwide
- The SUNY Upstate cancer program is the only program accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer in the 17-county area of central New York
- Many of its Registered Nurses are certified in the specialty area of oncology
- Academic Leadership position focuses on the clinical care of patients (inpatient, consult service, and outpatient clinic) and research related to stem cell transplantation, hematologic malignancy, and/or related graft versus host disease
- Excellent salary - Earn up to $500,000, based on experience
Community Information – Live and Work in Desirable Central New York
A thriving university community with unparalleled quality of life due to the incredibly reasonable cost of living offers waterfront homes, undeveloped acreage for custom-built estates, and established homes within the city limits. You'll appreciate Central New York's four gorgeous seasons, ample outside recreation, and numerous state parks, lakes, and trails.
- Cost of living is approximately 16% below the national average
- Exceptional public and private schools with an easy commute from any local suburb
- Convenient access to Boston, New York City, Montreal, Toronto, and Pennsylvania
- Enjoy ample downhill and cross-country skiing, ice skating, swimming, boating, and hiking
- Proximity to an international airport for ease of travel and access anywhere in the world
- Professional and collegiate sporting events keep the sports enthusiast well entertained
- Cultural entertainment attractions include museums, theaters, the symphony, jazz fests, and the acclaimed New York State Fair.
8840 Cypress Waters Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75019 USA
back to top