STEM CELL TRANSPLANT: HEMATOLOGY ONCOLOGY at Leading Cancer Center - Phoenix Metro
BANNER MD ANDERSON CANCER CENTER
Stem Cell Transplant and Cellular Therapy Section
Gilbert, AZ, USA
MD, DO, Board Eligible, Board Certified
Faculty, Patient Care
June 20, 2022
June 20-August 20, 2022
The Stem Cell Transplant and Cellular Therapy Section at Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center is recruiting a physician to join 4 other physicians in a rapidly growing program. The program is accredited by the Federation for Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) in both autologous and allogeneic stem cell transplants. It was the first program in the state of Arizona to be accredited by FACT for immune effector cell therapy. 150 cellular therapy procedures were performed in the calendar year 2021. The program is involved in clinical trials of novel regimens in allogeneic stem cell transplants. Ongoing clinical trials also include first in human “off-the-shelf” allogeneic CAR-T studies in myeloma and Lymphoma, “off-the-shelf” NK cell therapies, and dual targeting CAR-T in lymphoma. Practicing at our main location on the Banner Gateway Medical Center (BGMC) campus in Gilbert, AZ, the candidate hired will support our leukemia and cellular therapy program.
We are seeking applicants who meet the following:
• BMT Fellowship OR faculty in a stem cell transplant/cell therapy program for more than 2 years
• Excellent clinical training and experience in hematology/oncology
• Comfortable supporting a team and growing with the needs of the program
• Candidates with a strong interest in clinical research and medical education are encouraged to apply
About the Employer
Features of practicing with the BMDACC Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology:
• A collaborative team that includes 30 hematology-oncology physicians, providing outstanding research-driven, multidisciplinary care for patients with all types of malignancies. 20 hematologists and oncologists are at our main campus and 13 at regional centers, with an accredited stem cell and cellular effector therapy program (CAR T) and robust clinical trial enrollment
• A main campus that offers state-of-the-art technologies for disease-oriented, multidisciplinary cancer care and opportunities for participation in clinical research, designed with experts from The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
• The prestige of working with a partnership of industry leaders: #1 in cancer care – MD Anderson Cancer Center, and nationally recognized Banner Health that is also one of the largest integrated health care systems in the country and the largest employer in Arizona
• An academic appointment with UT Texas MD Anderson can be requested for qualified candidates
Banner Health, a Top 10 Health System for clinical performance according to Thomson Reuters, has teamed up with the MD Anderson Cancer Center, repeatedly ranked number one by U.S. News and World Report in cancer care, to open the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. This center is the broadest extension of MD Anderson's services outside of Houston and brings an unprecedented level of cancer care to the greater Phoenix area and the entire southwest region.
How to Apply
WE OFFER YOU generous compensation including competitive base salary plus incentives (wRVU) + paid occurrence-based malpractice + paid CME plus allowance + 401k matching and 457(b) deferred compensation plans + excellent benefit package options that provide security for you and your family. Additionally, we offer a culture where your voice is valued and your well-being matters.
We encourage you to submit your CV and letter of interest to Scott Brower, Sourcing Strategist at: firstname.lastname@example.org Visit our website at: www.bannerhealth.com Please, No Agency Solicitation.
Banner Health supports a drug-free work environment. Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, or veteran status except where such distinction is required by law. All positions at Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center are security-sensitive and subject to examination of criminal history record information. Smoke-free and drug-free environment. Not a J1 opportunity.
2946 E Banner Gateway Dr.
Gilbert, AZ 85234 USA
back to top