Academic Benign Hematologist
Medical College of Wisconsin
Division of Hematology and Oncology
Milwaukee, WI, USA
November 19, 2021
Medical School, Hospital/Clinical Facility
November 19-December 31, 2021
The Division of Hematology and Oncology in the Department of Medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin seeks candidates for a full-time, benign hematology faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor. The successful candidate for this position will have a strong interest in and will develop a clinical practice in the care of benign hematology patients. Join us in transforming health care and connecting communities to the best of academic medicine as we provide exceptional care to diverse communities in the greater Milwaukee, Wisconsin region!
Qualified candidates must be board certified and/or board eligible in hematology, and eligible for an unrestricted license to practice in the State of Wisconsin. We welcome recent fellowship graduates and H1B visa candidates.
• Collaborate with five benign hematologists who have a variety of sub-specializations.
• Develop and grow through your subspecialty interests, while working with one of the largest clinical benign hematology practices in the country.
• Work with the Division of Hematology and Oncology, including 75 faculty, 14 fellows, and over 75 advanced practice providers.
• Utilize state-of-the-art clinical and research facilities through the dedicated inpatient and ambulatory care facility, an integrated Palliative Care program, and close clinical and research interactions with Surgical and Radiation Oncology, the Versiti and the Blood Research Institute, and the Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research.
• Participate in a variety of growth, learning, and advancement opportunities, including the Clinical and Translational Science Institute of Southeast Wisconsin
• Participate in the important mission of educating the next generation of hematologists, oncologists, and palliative care specialists through our fellowship programs.
• Work in partnership with all aspects of cancer care including cancer prevention, epidemiology, immunology, drug development and pharmacotherapy, as well as all phases of clinical trials.
Compensation & Benefits
• Competitive compensation and full benefits package, 2 weeks of CME and professional development allowance, occurrence-based malpractice insurance, 403b match, outstanding employer-funded health and retirement plan, and generous relocation allowance.
• Physician engagement and wellness is a core focus area for Froedtert and MCW.
• Value highly placed on multiple avenues for academic pursuits including research, quality improvement, and teaching without a "publish-or-perish" culture.
About the Employer
Versiti Blood Research Institute
Versiti’s research spans basic, translational and clinical research that focuses on blood disorders. Our research discoveries make tangible contributions to the care of patients. Basic research is housed at the Blood Research Institute (BRI), a state-of-the-art facility that gives investigators access to cutting-edge research equipment and related specialized services. The BRI is located on the campus of the Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, along with the Medical College of Wisconsin, Froedtert Hospital and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. In addition to the intellectual capital and resources within Versiti, the local density of healthcare and research facilities provides us with a rich environment for biomedical research. Clinical scientists at Versiti’s Medical Sciences Institute (MSI) facilitate opportunities to identify and engage in collaborative translational research. Contract research scientists aid industry partners in custom projects that help advance innovative drugs, products and services.
Medical College of Wisconsin
At the core of everything we do at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is the pursuit of new knowledge and the power of academic medicine. Bringing together the world’s top scientists and clinicians, inspired students, and invested communities, we are driven to solve the most complex challenges in health and society. MCW is home to a diverse group of thought leaders collaborating to build a healthier world and a continuous cycle of life-changing knowledge.
As a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists, and health professionals, MCW is home to more than 1,500 students in the Medical, Graduate, and Pharmacy Schools, and over 900 physicians in residency and fellowship programs. Approximately 1,650 physicians, 750 nurse practitioners, physician assistants and other healthcare practitioners care for approximately 521,000 patients of all ages annually.
The beautiful, safe, and modern campus of the Milwaukee Regional Medical Center (MRMC) houses Froedtert Hospital, Children’s Hospital and Health System, Curative Care, Blood Research Institute of Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin, and the Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Division. These member entities share a common mission of excellence in patient care, medical education, biomedical research, and community service.
Located along the Lake Michigan shoreline, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is one of America’s great cities, combining a dynamic urban community with a rich cultural heritage with access to parks, rivers, and other outdoor recreation. Just 80 miles north of Chicago, Milwaukee is the largest city in Wisconsin and the 23rd largest city in the United States. It is home to corporate headquarters for industry leaders including Northwestern Mutual, Johnson Controls, Manpower, Harley Davidson, and others. Milwaukee is a popular venue for sailing, windsurfing, ethnic dining, and cultural festivals; the city is recognized for its museums, fine dining and hotels, professional sports, gardens and parks, and Milwaukee County Zoological Gardens. The population of the City of Milwaukee is approximately 600,000 and approximately 1.8 million people live in the greater Milwaukee area. Regionally located less than two hours from the Chicago metro area, you can enjoy all that Wisconsin has to offer while still traveling to the “big city” life.
How to Apply
Interested individuals should contact:
Kelli Cameron, Director, Provider Recruitment & Onboarding
8701 W Watertown Plank Rd
Wauwatosa, WI 53226 USA
back to top